Agreement for School
We shall help your child to do well at School, all staff will do their best to:
• Care for your child’s safety, wellbeing and happiness.
• Encourage your child to do his/her best and behave appropriately at all times.
• Provide a balanced curriculum to meet your child’s needs.
• Keep you informed about your child’s progress and how you can help at home.
• Set regular home tasks and respond appropriately.
• Be open and welcoming at all times, regardless of race, culture, beliefs, gender or sexual orientation.
• Keep parents/carers informed about general school matters through the school website and noticeboards where applicable.
• Maintain confidentiality at all times. • Adhere to the Trust Privacy Notice (available from the School Office or website).
Agreement for Parent/Carer –
To help my child to do well at school, I will do my best to:
• Ensure my child attends school regularly and on time.
• Ensure my child comes to school properly equipped with a reading book, PE kit and is correctly dressed in school uniform. (with names in all clothing and footwear)
• Contact the school before 9am if my child is going to be absent or late.
• Ensure contact details (including new phone numbers etc.,) are kept up to date with school.
• Make sure that my child is collected on time or notify the school if there is a problem. (including clarifying who will collect my child)
• Make the school aware of any concerns, problems or medical conditions which may affect my child’s work or behaviour.
• Support the school’s policy on behaviour (available from the School Office and website) and encourage my child to keep to the school’s rules.
• Show an acceptance that people may have differing faiths, race, culture and beliefs, gender or sexual orientation.
• Support my child with their home tasks and reading, and whenever possible, promote opportunities for learning at home.
• Attend parents and carers evenings and discussions about my child’s progress.
• Ensure that my child follows the ‘Acceptable use of the Schools IT systems and Internet’ when using IT equipment (as per Bridge Schools Online Safety Policy – Appendix 1 - available from the School Office and website).
• Ensure that neither I nor my child will post anything online which could harm the school’s/Trust’s reputation.
• Take an interest and where possible, participate in my child’s school life.
• Be polite and courteous in tone when any member of my family or friends contact the school.
• Positively promote the reputation of the school.
• Support the school in its endeavour to educate my child/ren.
Pupil Expectations –
I agree that my child will do their best to:
• Be on time and not miss school. (unless I’m ill)
• Behave well and keep to the school rules.
• Wear my school uniform and stay tidy in appearance.
• Do my classwork as well as I can.
• Be polite and helpful to others (all children and adults).
• Show an acceptance that people may have differing faiths, race, cultures, etc.
• Be proud of my school, take good care of property, equipment and the school environment.
• Look after my personal belongings and respect others property.
• Deliver messages between home and school.
• Follow the rules for ‘Acceptable use of the School IT systems and Internet’ when using IT equipment (available from the School Office and website).
• If I am unhappy or need help, I will talk with an adult.
We are inspired by the awe and wonder of the world.
We are bold and innovative in our approach to find new solutions to the challenges we face.
We are the best we can be.
We take responsibility for our actions in an environment of mutual respect.
We overcome all barriers to reach our potential, developing a capacity to improve further.
We are passionate about learning.
All Bridge Schools are now closed. We are operating a reduced service only for children of key workers and vulnerable groups.
© 2021 Bridge Schools trust is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales. Registration number 7736425. It is an exempt charity.